martes, 5 de mayo de 2020

Kildare - May 6th

Hi all!!
⭐ Today we will start learning the uses of will. For that, we will listen to a video. I leave the link here for you in case you had difficulties in class




⭐ Remember I told you to have a white page ready for today's class? We are going to write the Mind Map for the uses of the future tense with will and won't, think of examples and discuss the uses in the video we listened yesterday.


⭐ THE FUTURE: WILL or WON'T



We use WILL in four different situations:

1) Predictions based on what you think
2) On the spot decisions/ spontaneous reactions
3) Promises
4) Offers

➤ Use 1: PREDICTIONS BASED ON WHAT YOU THINK
Examples
I think he will be an excellent football player
He believes he will be a great doctor
I’m sure you will have a great time!

Useful expressions: I believe, I think, I’m sure, I understand… (verbs of mental process)

➤ Use 2: ON THE SPOT DECISIONS
It refers to decisions that we make at the moment of speaking.
Examples      
Oh, I ran out of milk! I will go to the supermarket
I’m tired, I’ll take a nap
She has a headache, she will take an aspirin.

➤ Use 3: PROMISES
Examples      
I will love you forever                        
I will always be your friend
I will never drink coffee
Useful words: always, never

➤ Use 4: OFFERS
Examples      
I will help you with your assignment                        
I will do this for you!
I will bring the packet if you can´t collect it.


⭐ Once you finish, go to your Liveworksheets account, there is a new exercise there for you! You will be practising the uses of will



⭐ Open your Compass on page 100. We are going to work on the reading: "The Young Healer". Look at these pictures, what do you think the reading is going to be about? Where are these people? What are they doing? How are they feeling?



⭐ Now read the story. You can also listen to it by clicking the audio below:

THE YOUNG HEALER






⭐ Now copy the following questions on your folder and answer them:
1) What does Maryam want to be in the future? Why?
2) What does she want to do?
3) Who was her first patient? What happened to the doll?
4) What does the boy want to be?
5) What does the nurse think about the boy?
6) What does the other boy, Tarek, want to be after the war?




Virtual hugs!!!

Miss Inés



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario